2017 Fall 5V5 League
UNLIKE ANY GYM, BUBBLE, WAREHOUSE, OR OUTDOOR PITCH
- Premium custom designed grass-like artificial surface. No walls, No boards, and No bad habits.
- Conveniently located in the heart of Bergen County, and minutes from New York City.
- Plenty of free private parking, 1,500-seat grandstand, concession, and more
- A one of a kind youth arena where every event is a festive celebration with lights, music, and positive energy
- For over 20 years, teams from throughout the region come to the Coliseum to play their weekly matches, making us America’s #1 youth soccer arena
At the nation’s #1 youth soccer arena
- Starts Weekend of Sept. 15
- For U7 – U14 age groups (birth years 2011 – 2004)
- 55-minute games every weekend*
- 8 game fall season
- Top level certified referees and staff
- Registration fee – only $485 per team
- All games are held weekends at the centrally-located and climate-controlled Soccer Coliseum at Teaneck Armory
- For Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*because of our net system that keeps balls from rolling away, our matches are more like 75 minutes when compared to playing outdoors. The continuity and the tempo of a session are extremely important in the youth developmental
League Rules: Click Here
Why Play 5v5?
- Accepted worldwide as the most effective game for developing youth players.
- The national youth game of Brazil, credited with creating the highest number of international superstars from one country.
- Fast becoming the format of choice in many US states, now mandated into the national academy program by the US Soccer Federation.
- Provides over 300% more touches, shots, passing combinations, and one on one confrontations compared to 8V8 format.
- Allows for better tactical development. Fewer players on the field allows players to track teammates and opponents, allowing for better awareness of time and space.
Revolutionary mandate from US Club Soccer
Don’t deprive your players from developing progressively by pushing them to play up on large fields too early. Small-sided and age appropriate venues are highly recommended by the leading youth soccer scholars, and mandated by the United States Soccer Federation.
5V5 develops the brain, accelerates technical and tactical development, allows coaches to actually mentor their young players, and it’s just more fun. Why would you play anything else?
“As a little boy in Argentina, I played (5v5) on the streets and for my club. It was tremendous fun, and it really helped me become who I am today.”
-Lionel Messi, three-time FIFA World Player of the Year and Barcelona’s all-time leading